The STUDSON SHK-1 Type II industrial safety helmet is the first of its kind in North America. It was launched after noticing a massive gap in the industrial market for technologically advanced head protection, with little innovation since the hard hat was invented in 1919. In an industry where hundreds of thousands of workers risk their lives daily, STUDSON decided to reinvent head safety.
The STUDSON SHK-1 Type II helmet protects from the front, side, and rear, providing 360-degree head protection whether working from heights with all the required fall protection, or primarily on the ground with ladders, lifts, or scaffolding. The SHK-1 helmet goes beyond the harness system found in hard hats, and utilizes cutting-edge head protection components used in gravity sports but never before used together in an industrial safety helmet.
Our brains and head are the most critical tools on the jobsite, so STUDSON is making an effort to protect the most important asset, to ensure everyone can show up protected and healthy for the sake of the job, but even more importantly, the worker’s livelihood.
- ANSI Z89.1- 2014 | Meets European standard EN 12492:2012
- Certified Type II: Type II helmets can withstand impact from all sides, unlike traditional Type I hard hats
- Class C & E
- Venting: Designed to keep the rain out while providing greater impact protection and increased breathability perfect for those out in the field
- Rear Dial: Located in the back to tighten and loosen helmet as needed
- Utmost Comfort: Comfort is essential and our helmets are comfortable enough to wear through your entire work day
- Koroyd® welded tubes: Crumple instantly on impact to absorb maximum force to protect your skull and brain from direct and angled impacts which may reduce the risk of suffering a life-altering injury.
- Brainshield® by Shield-X®: Replaceable helmet pad system to significantly reduce the sharp twisting and compression of the brain during angled or oblique impacts – the primary cause of concussions. Plus, this makes it more comfortable to wear for long periods of time.
- twICEme®: Should an incident occur, the helmet includes an integrated chip based on NFC technology that stores emergency contacts and critical medical information to allow first responders to access vital data when seconds matter.
- Modular rear brim: The helmet comes with a slight rear brim designed for rain deflection. Comes with an additional flat rear option to achieve a cap-style look.
- 4-point chin strap system: Fidlock® magnetic buckle enclosure with adjustable nylon 4-point strap, commonly found in inaction sports helmets, allowing for maximum adjustability and easy one-handed use with gloves.
- Sleek Design: An innovative-looking helmet while blending elements from the traditional hard hat heritage
- Add-on accessories available to attach to the SHK-1 helmet
For more information, visit studson.com.