The best way to help during this pandemic is to stay home and only do essential errands, like going to the grocery store. If you’re an essential worker and need to venture out, follow the CDC guidelines to mitigate the spread of the virus and protect yourself from getting sick. If you’re able to work remotely at home for a company still operating, embrace this “new normal” and be your productive best.
Here are other ways to help:
- Keep in touch with your family and friends via cell phone and email
- Share and be kind; wave to your postal worker
- Check on your neighbors (remember to practice social distancing)
- Donate to your local charities, if you’re able to do so
- Donate blood, especially if you are a universal donor or have a rare blood type
Words from Donna Campbell, MCS editor-in-chief