Instilling predictability into operations, whether in construction, quarry, forestry, energy/utility, waste or other industries, can help drive greater productivity and efficiency. Komatsu recognizes that each business operation is unique and that finding the right tools is the key to business success. At CONEXPO, Komatsu showcased a wide variety of technology designed to optimize productivity, no matter where a business is on its technology journey.
In addition to helping to improve efficiency and productivity, the right technology can help to:
- Optimize fleet capabilities
- Extend machine life and improve value
- Help operators work with safety as a priority
- Reduce employee downtime
- Meet increasing environmental requirements and reduce carbon footprint
- Upskill and retain employees and use them in the most productive ways
Komatsu showcased the following technologies at ConExpo in March.
1. SMART CONSTRUCTION TECHNOLOGY
- Komatsu can help with decisions reflective of jobsite, culture, and budget
- Merging advanced automation and integrated technologies can transform jobsites through predictability.
- Projects can go more smoothly when robust data is easily shared, replicated, and updated..
- The currently available suite of Smart Construction products will be featured, including Dashboard, Design, Drone, Field, Fleet, Office, Remote, and Retrofit.
2. SMART QUARRY TECHNOLOGY
- Smart Quarry solutions are designed to help customers understand, visualize, and optimize their jobsites. Jobsite studies provide customers with customized, detailed data that may help them meet or even exceed their production targets.
- Solutions such as Smart Quarry Site take it a step further with continual production monitoring aimed to help increase efficiency, improve production, and maintain a high level of performance.
3. INTELLIGENT MACHINE CONTROL 2.0
Designed to quickly lessen the skills gap between new and experienced operators, and improve the bottom line for contractors, Komatsu’s intelligent Machine Control (iMC) integrates with the company’s suite of Smart Construction products, services and digital solutions that incorporate a host of advanced, proprietary machine technology. Developed with input from leading construction companies, iMC gives contractors sophisticated, productivity-enhancing automation along with cutting-edge jobsite design.
Komatsu develops and supplies technologies, equipment and services for the construction, mining, forklift, industrial and forestry markets. For a century, the company has been creating value for its customers through manufacturing and technology innovation, partnering with others to empower a sustainable future where people, business and the planet thrive together.
About the Author:
Front-line industries worldwide use Komatsu solutions to develop modern infrastructure, extract fundamental minerals, maintain forests and create consumer products. The company’s global service and distributor networks support customer operations to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. For more, visit www.komatsu.com.
Modern Contractor Solutions, August 2023
Did you enjoy this article?
Subscribe to the FREE Digital Edition of Modern Contractor Solutions magazine.