High Productivity, Low Rate of Errors Lead to Prestigious Award
Isuzu Commercial Truck of America, Inc., distributor of America’s best-selling low-cab-forward trucks, announces that its parts distribution center in Scranton, Pennsylvania, was recently named one of North America’s top-performing warehouses in Carlisle & Co.’s 2023 North American Parts Benchmark (NAPB). The award was presented on April 26, 2023, at the NAPB 2023 Conference in Universal City, California.
The Scranton warehouse—part of Isuzu’s Center of Excellence comprising a state-of-the-art, 100,000-square-foot parts distribution center and a world-class 30,000-square-foot training and technical assistance facility—finished in a tie for second place (with CNH Industrial in Reno, Nevada) among all entrants in the heavy-equipment division, beating such illustrious competition as John Deere, Volvo, Daimler Truck, Kubota, and more. First place went to a Navistar facility in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
The rankings were based on five metrics, all weighted equally:
- Line Productivity: Warehouse Workers Productivity
- Line Productivity: All Warehouse Staff Productivity
- Value Productivity: All Warehouse Staff Productivity
- Floor Denials per 1 Million Lines Shipped
- Warehouse Errors per 1 Million Lines Shipped
“When we opened this facility in northeast Pennsylvania in July 2016, we knew we were taking a risk calling it a ‘Center of Excellence,” says Shaun Skinner, president of Isuzu Commercial Truck of America and Isuzu Commercial Truck of Canada. “But this award proves that we have created a productive, reliable, high-tech parts distribution center that stands with the very best across multiple industries.”
The Center of Excellence puts three major functions supporting dealerships and customers in the region under one roof:
- Parts Distribution: Over $8 million worth of parts are stocked in the facility, placing them close to a concentrated area of commercial vehicle dealers, reducing delivery time. (This portion of the facility was the recipient of the NAPB honor.)
- Training Center: Dealership service, parts, sales, and customer satisfaction personnel from throughout the US will receive intensive, hands-on technical and lifecycle training at Isuzu Truck University.
- Technical Assistance: The center will house local Field Service Engineers and a Technical Assistance Line team. By focusing on dealers in specific parts of the country, both teams can react to issues and trends in a faster, more personalized manner.
Isuzu Commercial Truck of America, Inc., operates a second Center of Excellence in Anaheim, California.
Headquartered in Anaheim, California, Isuzu Commercial Truck of America, Inc. (ICTA), is the distributor of Isuzu commercial vehicles in the United States. Isuzu commercial trucks have been the best-selling low-cab-forward trucks in America every year since 1986. For more information, call 866.441.9638 or visit www.isuzucv.com.