Imagine, if you will, a construction project void of people. You see equipment and robotics and hear a slight hum … but not a human in sight. As the world become more technocratic and humans are seen as a resource versus a sovereign, free-thinking individual, robots are taking over human jobs. I know what you’re thinking … I’ve seen too many Twilight Zone episodes in my lifetime. Yet, 2020 and the start of 2021 feels odd like the old show that started in 1959. Is there a solution to avoid the labor gap on commercial jobsites coast to coast? Yes, there is. Let’s take a closer look at GigSmart via this Q&A.
What is GigSmart?
GigSmart has two free staffing apps that connect businesses to hourly workers, called Get Workers and Get Gigs.
Get Workers connects general contractors with local hourly construction professionals who can be hired for same day shifts or up to 30 days in advance. Currently, there are more than 250,000 workers available for hire across the U.S.
Are commercial general contractors able to use this staffing app?
Yes. Commercial general contractors can use Get Workers to build out their crew. GCs can create free Gig posts based on skill to find and hire workers for any type of construction job. Source painters, carpenters, plumbers, framers, floorers, roofers, electricians, general laborers, handymen, and more. With more than 3,000 available skills, Get Workers can help contractors find skilled professionals for any task on their jobsite.
How does the app work? Are the workers verified or go through any checks (background, driving record, COVID-19 test, drug test, etc.)?
With Get Workers, you can quickly post your Gig to a pool of thousands of vetted and reviewed workers—free of charge.
Download our mobile app or sign up for a desktop account. Post a Gig by selecting the skills you require. Then, decide how much you’d like to pay the worker per hour, and when you need them. Get Workers will instantly connect you to hourly construction professionals who are ready to get to work.
Read past reviews, review applicant profiles, and securely communicate with workers all from the app. And, when you’re ready, you can hire the workers you need.
Every eligible worker you hire is covered by Occupational Accident Insurance (OAI). Additionally, worker background checks and motor vehicle records (MVR) checks can be added to your Gig, but they are not required.
What are the benefits of using the app?
- • In an industry plagued by high turnover, Get Workers can help you find and hire hourly workers for any task at your jobsite, even same-day.
- • Try it for free. Create your hiring account and post your first Gig with zero upfront costs and no commitment. Get Workers connects you to local applicants in minutes, and you can hire and rehire great workers over and over again.
- • Pay the lowest fees in the industry. Starting at just 15 percent of the worker’s total compensation, Get Workers is a fraction of the cost of other staffing solutions. You’re only charged after work has been completed.
- • Source vetted, background-checked, and insured professionals. You decide who to hire, and every eligible worker is protected by GigSmart’s occupational accident insurance coverage.
- • Hire stress-free knowing every GigSmart worker comes backed by our One Hour Worker Guarantee. If someone’s not a good fit, send them home, and we’ll refund you for their time.
Any commercial companies using the app already? Any testimonials?
Since March, GigSmart has seen a 68 percent increase in the number of construction workers being hired and paid through Get Workers.
You can join the ranks of restoration, concrete, and roofing companies, and general contracting firms, that are using Get Workers to easily find and hire skilled construction workers to staff up their crews.
With demand for construction workers on the rise, there’s no better time than now to add Get Workers to your staffing toolbelt.
for more information:
Rich Oakes serves as GigSmart’s president responsible for the company’s overall strategic direction and national operations. Oakes has more than 23 years of experience in sales, marketing, product development, project management, and operations. Prior to GigSmart, Rich served as the VP of sales and originations with a national automotive finance company responsible for driving growth opportunities. For more, visit gigsmart.com.
Modern Contractor Solutions, January 2021
Did you enjoy this article?
Subscribe to the FREE Digital Edition of Modern Contractor Solutions magazine.